Thursday, September 23, 2010

Transantiago... a solution???


From the beginning the new transport plan of Santiago had it's doubt and when it finally arrived in February of 2006 (I think) it gave reason to many people who were against it, because it was a total mess. There was so many crowd inside the machines, the Santiaguinos were moody for the long waiting lines in the stop buses and many other things that, lets face it were not prepared. With the years passing there was some improvements, but there is steel some troubles.

Sincerely, I find that the new system it's better than the older one in many things, like the payment with the BIP card for several points, you don't need to have the money in your hand t pay the bus and the bus driver has to focus only in driving. But I have to said that the routes don't work with all the public in the city, some of them have to take even four buses/subway and that situation has make the train option catastrophic!!!!!

In my experience I don't have any problems with transantiago and even with the old-transantiago because I live so far away from the city and every trip that I have to make is long so I am happy with the system, but it's just my opinion and I now that is not the case of the majority.

Of course I will change some things like add more routes for different areas, make education's plans in schools and even in work places.
To sum up, I find that we have to give it a chance to this system, I know it's a big change from before but every change it's difficult to get it right but as a civilaze and modern community we can adjust and organize to get on time to the destination.

3 comments:

  1. My Friend!!
    TeQuilazooo !!
    you really live far ... Therefore this system you know ... but you also the kind of riding in a car a few days!
    I really liked your post small grasshoppers ... I find much reason at some points ...
    I love you

    PeLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember one thing that i really hate about transantiago or any public transportation:

    SUMMER + TRANSANTIAGO = SWEAT PEOLPLE! A TOTAL FIASCO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the beginning the new transport plan of Santiago ^had WF it's doubt and when it finally arrived in February of 2006 (I think) it gave reason to many people who were against it, because it was a total mess. There was so many SA crowd inside the machines, the Santiaguinos were moody for the long waiting lines in the stop buses and many other things that, lets face it SA were not prepared. With the years passing there was some improvements, but there is SP steel some troubles.



    Sincerely, I find that the new system it's better than the older one in many things, like the payment with the BIP card for several points, you don't need to have the money in your hand t pay the bus and the bus driver has to focus only in driving. But I have to W said that the routes don't work with all the public in the city, some of them have to take even four buses/subway and that situation has WF make the train option catastrophic!!!!!



    In my experience I don't have any problems with transantiago and even with the old-transantiago because I live so far away from the city and every trip that I have to make is long so I am happy with the system, but it's just my opinion and I now that is not the case of the majority.



    Of course I WW will change some things like add more routes for different areas, make education's plans in schools and even in work places.
    To sum up, I find that we have to give it a chance to this system, I know it's a big change from before but every change it's difficult to get it right but as a civilaze and modern community we can adjust and organize to get on time to the destination.

    Posted by Ceci

    Ceci,
    well done!! very good arguments...
    It is a shame you live so far... you are a great commuter!
    miss

    p.s. don´t forget the connectors ok?

    ReplyDelete